Why you should go
This tour will take you to find out how Venice overcomes the romantic myth of itself to became a place of experimentation, exhibition and debate of the most recent tendencies of the Contemporary art.
We will see Ca’Pesaro (external visit, interior visit possible upon request), the museum that displays the masterpieces of the artists linked (quite often controversially) to the Biennale and to the city. We will discover the works of Klimt, Chagall, Kandinsky, Picasso and of others masters from the European and Italian vanguards.
In a continuous dialogue between the Historical city and the Modern art, the walking tour will take you to admire the palaces on the Grand Canal such as Ca’d’Oro and other significant places like the market and the Rialto Bridge.
Out of the tracks, strolling around alleyways, canals and bridges we will hear stories of classic and modern artists and art collectors active in Venice.
The tour will finish in Dorsoduro district, the delightful sestieri of the artist. The external view of Peggy Guggenheim’s house will allow us to consider different aspects of her life in Venice. Her Modern and Contemporary art collection is considered one of the most important in the world. We will arrive up to Punta della Dogana, from 2009 exhibition seat belonging to the french contemporary art collector François Pinault.
- Venice modern art
- Visit Ca' Pesaro - the international gallery of Modern Art
- Discover the paintings and sculptures collection of XIX and XX centuries
- See a modern Venice and leave out the old one
- Enter a precious Baroque palace overlooking the Grand Canal
- Qualified guide
- Entrance ticket to Ca' Pesaro
- Headset (if necessary)
- Hotels pick up/drop off
- Food and beverage
- All entrances
- Please note that no refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals. The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided.
- Wheelchairs not accessible