Why you should go
Explore Venice through a peaceful gondola ride and one of its symbols: The St Mark's Basilica.
Venetian gondola is not only known for its elegance and the way it silently slides along the green channels of Venice. It did change over time and it has symbolic meanings related to the city.
Let us discover Venice as locals have been doing since far back in time, sliding among the narrow canals and admiring the masterpiece of architectures, water reflections and peace away from the crowded alleys.
During this ride, we will have the chance to admire some among Venice's most famous and beautiful sites seen from the water, a rare sight which can be seen only on a gondola. And be ready for the last part of the ride, because it is the one that sees the gondola flowing into the Grand Canal, revealing breathtaking views over the most famous canal of Venice and over the Salute Church.
Please note that it is a shared gondola (up to 5 people for each one) so the gondola might be shared with other people.
Follows a guided visit to one among the most renowned and amazing cathedrals in the world: The St Mark's Basilica
This is the place where Eastern and Western architecture run into each other, as majestic in its exteriors, as reach in the history it witnessed and represents.
Here, we will learn more about the everlasting history of Venice, about St Mark and how his ruins came to rest and be shielded here.
A tour not only to see Venice, but to experience this city through its history and glorious past, still shining in its historical sites and legendary characters.
Surrounded by the Basilica’s beautiful golden mosaics and marble inlays, our professional guide will take us along the history and the special features of this unique masterpiece of byzantine art.
Among the priceless treasures shielded in the Basilica, we will have the chance to admire the Pala d’Oro, a fine example of Byzantine art with its thousands of gems and precious stones, and of course, the golden mosaics, maybe the most famous feature of the cathedral.
IMPORTANT!!: From November 2021 until November 2022, the gondola ride will be at 3.00pm. Between the Basilica guided tour and the gondola ride you will have approx a 3 hour-break.
- Discover one of the symbols of Venice as well one of the most beautiful cathedrals in the world
- Skip the line, no more time wasted waiting in line
- Learn about the symbols and the history of the Basilica’s interiors
- Photography opportunities
- The charm of Venice seen from the water
- Qualified tour guide
- Skip the line entrance ticket to the Basilica
- 25/30 minutes ride on a shared gondola
- Boarding assistance for the gondola
- Commentary of any sort during the gondola ride
- Food & beverage
- Hotels pickup/drop off
- For security reasons backpacks and bags are not allowed inside the Basilica
- Wear appropriate clothes to enter the Basilica (no bare knees or shoulders)
- This is a shared gondola (up to 5 people in each gondola) so the gondola might be shared with other people
- No refund will be accepted for no shobe provided rain or shine; in the event of exceptional high tide or heavy rain it might be cancelled by the staff and refund will be provided
- From November 2021 until November 2022, the gondola ride will be at 3.00pm. Between the Basilica guided tour and the gondola ride you will have approx a 3 hour-break.