Why you should go
Every year, from March to October, a romantic mini-cruise among the Venetian Villas of the Riviera del Brenta, from Padua to Venice or the other way round, a trip through art and history on the way followed by the ancient Venetian Burchiello in the 1700's.
The Burchiello was a typical Venetian barge, finely wrought and decorated, used to transport passengers and equipped with a wide wooden cabin, and three or four balconies. The Burchiello was used by the richest classes of Venice to reach the city from their villas in the countryside.
This full day tour includes navigation, guide on board, the guided tour of Villa Foscari known as La Malcontenta, Villa Widmann in Mira and Villa Pisani in Stra, plus a stop for the optional lunch at the famous restaurant Il Burchiello in Oriago, where the barge moors.
• 8.45: meeting with the guide in Venice - Riva degli Schiavoni, San Zaccaria A pier, in front of the Chiesa della Pietà;
• 9.00: boarding and navigation to the Brenta Riviera; illustration of the various Villas seen from the river;
• arrival in Fusina and navigation to the Brenta Riviera;
• crossing of the Moranzani lock with rising water level;
• 10.30: stop in Malcontenta for the guided tour of the interior of Villa Foscari called La Malcontenta;
• continuation of navigation between Villas, coastal villages and revolving bridges with illustrations of the various Venetian Villas seen from the river;
• arrival in Oriago and stop for lunch break at the restaurant "Il Burchiello"; optional discounted lunch or free lunch;
• after lunch boarding and navigation to Villa Widmann or Villa Barchessa Valmarana di Mira; stop for the guided tour of the interior;
• continuation of navigation between Villas, towns and revolving bridges with illustrations of the various Villas seen from the river;
• crossing Chiusa di Mira and Chiusa di Dolo with rising water level;
• arrival in Stra and stop for a guided tour of the Villa Pisani interior;
• 17.30: embarkation and navigation; crossing of the Chiusa di Stra and the Chiusa di Noventa Padovana with rising water level;
• navigation along the original river route of the ancient Venetian burchielli passing in front of the suggestive and superb Villa Giovanelli of Noventa Padovana; navigation to Padua with arrival at the historic 16th-century staircase of Burchiello al Portello, an ancient river port in the historic center of Padua around 7.00 pm.
- Comfortable boat
- Full day tour by boat
- More than 50 venetian villas to be seen during the navigation
- Discover the Venetian mainland from a unique perspective
- Learn the intrinsic relationship between Venice and its mainland
- Full day by boat
- Guide during the whole tour
- Ticket to visit Villa Foscari Malcontenta, designed by Palladio
- Ticket to visit Villa Widman, example of seventeen century villa
- Ticket to visit Villa Pisani Nazionale, the " queen" of the Venetian villas
- Boat with panoramic terrace and air conditioned
- Lunch (if not in the chosen option)
- Hotel pickup/drop off
- No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals
- The tour will be provided rain or shine
- Wheelchairs not accessible