Why you should go
Explore the three tiny and colorful islands of Murano, Torcello and Burano in a half day sightseeing excursion by private water taxi. Watch a skilled glass blower create works of art in Murano, see evidence of Torcello’s glorious past and admire the picturesque fishermen's houses in Burano.
The first stop of our tour will be the island of Murano, since far back in time famous for the art of glass blowing. Since the 13th century Murano has been the center of Venice’s notorious glassmaking industry with techniques handed down from one generation to another. Here, we will admire a master glass blower during his job.
Our next stop will be Burano, surely the most picturesque island of the Lagoon, thanks to its colorful and cheerful facades. According to a local legend, Burano got its rainbow appearance thanks to the fishermen that lived there, who used to paint their houses in bright and light colors so that they could find their way home while coming back from sea. The island is also known internationally for its rare artisan lace.
Last but not least we will reach the quiet and green island of Torcello and enjoy a peaceful walk. Here, we will visit the 7th century Cathedral of Santa Maria Dell'Assunta to see the spectacular Byzantine mosaics. Not many people know that Torcello is one of the first island of the lagoon to be populated. This magic island is also precious to the American poet Hemingway who visited it many times and here found inspiration to write his book "Across the River and into the Trees".
- Explore the Venetian Lagoon by motorboat
- Admire master glass blower at work at a glass factory in Murano
- Discover the picturesque houses of Burano Island
- A glimpse into everyday life on a small fishermen's island (Burano)
- A walk across time in the magic island of Torcello, where Hemingway found inspiration for one of his books
- Visit one of the oldest church of the Venetian Lagoon in Torcello Island
- Private water taxi from/to Venice
- Assistant for the whole tour
- Visit to a glass factory in Murano
- Food or beverages
- The tour is in English, for other languages please specify it on the booking
- Comfortable shoes and clothes are advised
- Take some water with you particularly during hot days
- That this is a private tour (with private boat and assistant)
- No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals. The tour will be operated rain or shine.