Why you should go
If you love tradition and are a glutton person, you can’t miss our sweet afternoon! With the supervision of a local lady you will make your own Nicolotta Cake.
During this "sweet tour", a Venetian lady will meet you in Campo dei Frari and then lead you into her apartment, located near the Frari Church to spend an afternoon dedicated to tradition and taste.
The cake you will make, Nicolotta, has its roots in the city of Venice. It is named after the Nicolotti of the parish Church of San Nicolò dei Mendicoli, who were mostly fishermen and artisans, ancient rivals of the Castellani (the inhabitants of the district of Castello). When the Serenissima Republic began to decline, Nicolotti women, in order to feed as many people as possible, invented this cake using stale bread instead of flour. In the toughest times, even polenta was used to replace bread.
To end your afternoon in style, you will sip a good cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate while tasting your Nicolotta Cake.
After your snack, you will be given a book with the recipes you cooked in the afternoon.
- Cooking a traditional Venetian dessert
- Venetian house
- Small group, max 5 pax
- Qualified guide
- Afternoon snack with tea, coffee or hot chocolate
- Cooking the Nicolotta Cake
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Everything not mentioned in the "included" field
- Please note that no refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals. The tour will take place also with rain.
- Not recommended for participants with allergies or intollerance
- No wheelchair accessible