Why you should go
In the backyard of a private mansion house, you will be welcome to the workshop of a violinmaker, who has been repairing bowed string instruments for about twenty years, while attempting to resume their ancient musicality.
A violinmaker workshop is a fascinating place permated with the fragrances of spruce and maple woods from the Montenegro mountains, blended with the scents of varnishes from natural resins.You will feel privileged to enter such an enchanting place, which recalls the musical traditions of the past, symbol of sound perfection and pure tones.
The violinmaker workshop open to visitors in Venice is a local revisitation of Cremona’s great legacy of violin making, which will leave you with unforgettable memories of your trip to Italy.
The duration of the workshop tour is approximately 30 minutes. You can choose between 2 options: workshop only and workshop with concert; if you choose the option with concert, you will enjoy a 15-minute concert, which will be held in the backyard of the private mansion house where the workshop is located.
During the workshop in English there will be also an interpreter.
- Learn the history of violin-making in Venice
- Visit a secluded, but peculiar place in Venice
- Discover the fabulous craftmanship of Venice
- Have a first-hand experience of violas, contrabasses and violins made using precious timbers, such as maple and spruce from Montenegro mountains
- Join the tour and contribute to preserve an ancient form of art
- Private tour
- A guided tour to a violinmaker workshop
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Food and beverage
- No refund will be provided for latecomers or no shows.
- Should it be raining the tour will still take place.
- Travellers are kindly requested to plan in advance their journey in order to get to the meeting point on time
- You can choose between 2 options: workshop only and workshop & concert
- Workshop in English will have an interpreter