Why you should go
This tour is composed of two parts: first, a walking tour which will make us discover Venice's most famous sites as well as its hidden gems.
An unforgettable way to discover Venice through its narrow alleys called “calli”, countless bridges and wide traditional and picturesque squares, still the heart of Venetian people's social life.
Let our professional guide take you into an unforgettable journey among Venice's beauties and history.
The first highlight of the walking tour is St. Mark’s square, with the description of the majestic St. Mark’s Basilica, the elegant Doge’s Palace, the Clock Tower and the Procuratie.
From St. Mark’s square we will move forward to Campo Santa Maria Formosa, where we will admire the SS. Giovanni e Paolo church with the famous Pantheon. Follow the Scuola Grande di San Marco also knowns as “Great School of Charity” (the Captains of Fortune). Last but not least, head back to St. Mark’s and admire the Malibran Theatre, step through the famous Mercerie, once the pulsing heart of commercial life back in time, nowadays Venice’s main shopping district between Rialto Bridge and St Mark’s Square.
PLEASE NOTE that this first part of the tour will end at around 10.45, the second part (Basilica) will start at 12.00 and partipants are kindly requested to get back to the meeting point by 11.45.
Please note that this tour does not include entrance to main sites such as the Doge's Palace. It is a walking tour which will completely take place outside (only external comments of the various sites will be provided).
During the second part we will admire one among the most beautiful and celebrated cathedrals in the world: St Mark's Basilica.
A tour which will make us marvel in front of the majesty and true beauty of the St Mark Basilica, the place where Eastern and Western architecture run into each other.
Here, we will learn more about the everlasting history of Venice, about St Mark and how his ruins came to rest and be shielded here.
A tour not only to see Venice, but to experience this city through its history and glorious past, still shining in its historical sites and legendary characters.
Surrounded by the Basilica’s beautiful golden mosaics and marble inlays, our professional guide will take us along the history and the special features of this unique masterpiece of byzantine art.
Among the priceless treasures shielded in the Basilica, we will have the chance to admire the Pala d’Oro, a fine example of Byzantine art with its thousands of gems and precious stones, and of course, the golden mosaics, maybe the most famous feature of the cathedral.
- Explore St Mark's Square area, its more famous sites as well as hidden gems
- Interesting facts about Venice's history and present
- Characteristic "campo", Venice's little and picturesque squares
- A glimpse into ordinary life of Venetian people
- The truly beauty of Venice and its peaceful canals
- Discover one of the symbols of Venice as well one of the most beautiful cathedrals in the world
- Learn about the symbols and the history of the Basilica’s interiors
- Admire the famous Pala D’Oro
- Explore a living architectural gem
- Skip the line
- Personal headsets to hear the guide better
- Hotels pickup/drop off
- Food and beverage
- For security reasons backpacks and bags are not allowed inside the Basilica
- Please note that this first part of the tour will end at around 10.45, the second part (Basilica) will start at 12.00 and partipants are kindly requested to get back to the meeting point by 11.45.
- Please wear appropriate clothes to enter the Basilica (no bare knees or shoulders)
- Please note that this tour does not include entrance to the Doge's Palace
- Please note that no refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals. The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided.