Why you should go
Your tour at the discovery of one of the most enchanting cities in Veneto starts at 8.40 from the railway station of Venice Santa Lucia. Here you will take a speed train that will bring you to Padua in only 25 minutes. Your private guide will wait for you at Piazza Garibaldi, which can be easily reached with a pleasant 10 minute-walk or, in alternative, with public transport. In this cosy, tree-lined square the car-free area begins and so does your visit. Thanks to an expert guide you will discover the treasures of the Paduan historic centre, starting from Cafè Pedrocchi, a world- famous 18th century literary cafè, passing by Palazzo del Bo, the historic headquarter of the University of Padua, founded in 1222. Your tour goes on through the lively squares of the city, Piazza delle Erbe and Piazza della Frutta, separated by the elegant and majestic Palazzo della Ragione, former headquarter of the city court that houses the magnificent cycle of astrological-themed frescoes. Further ahead you will find the exquisite Piazza dei Signori and the Torre dell’orologio with the astrological clock. A stop by Piazza Duomo is unmissable, with the Romanesque-styled cathedral and the baptistery. You will walk through the narrow streets of the Jewish ghetto, with its picturesque glimpses. Finally, you will reach Prato della Valle, which is one of the largest and most suggestive squares in Europe. Last but not the least, you will stop by the Basilica del Santo, the symbol of the city, which houses the remains of Saint Anthony, patron of Padua. Here your guided tour comes to the end.
After the sightseeing tour, treat yourselves to a refreshing lunch and have some free time.
In the afternoon, we suggest you the visit to the Orto botanico of Padua, the most ancient botanic garden located in its original place and nominated World Heritage site by UNESCO.
Your visit to the city of Padua ends at 18.53 at the railway station where you will be supposed to catch the speed train back to Venice.
- Get insider tips from a private guide
- Explore the local streets
- Admire Padua’s most famous attractions
- Discover the hidden gems that only locals know
- Private tour: only you & your local guide
- Learn about the city's history in a nutshell
- Enjoy the best spots with your local insider
- Get answers to all your travel questions
- Round-trip Venice/Padua train tickets
- 2-hours guided walking tour
- Entrance tickets to the Botanic Garden
- Possible public transport tickets
- Entrance tickets to the monuments
- Food and beverage
- Hotels pick up/drop off
- This tour is private
- No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals
- The tour will be provided rain or shine
- Remember to have the train PNR or the copy of your train ticket with you
- Please be aware that starting from April 25th and on certain dates, registration and payment of an access contribution will be necessary to visit the city of Venice. We encourage you to check all the information and procedures for registration or payment on the dedicated website of Comune di Venezia.
- Wheelchairs not accessible
- Dogs not allowed