Why you should go
We will start from Goldoni's house, where we can know his work and his reform of the theatre.
We will meet his characters and the main sceneries of his works.
Above all, we will see the puppet theatre of the 18th century.
In Goldoni's house you will discover the rooms and his life through the vision of objects of his time, and you will also learn about the way of life in the 18th century.
You will see on the stage of the puppet theatre a scene from the commedy ‘Arlecchino servitore di due padroni’, a Goldoni’s pièce, which is famous all over the world. And you will know the main characters of the ‘Commedia dell'Arte’: Arlecchino, Brighella, Balanzone, Colombina and Pantalone.
You will learn how the puppets were built, and how they were activated.
We will finish the visit in an atelier located close to Goldoni's house, where you will use brushes and paintings to decorate your own mask, choosing among over 60 models all handmade in papier maché.
In the atelier, you will be helped by the team to decorate your mask.
At the end, you will take home your decorated mask together with this wonderful experience.
- Visit Carlo Goldoni's House
- Puppet Theatre
- Decoration of your own mask
- Guided visit to Carlo Goldoni's House
- Mask atelier
- Entrance to Carlo Goldoni's House (Full price Ticket: 5,00 euro; Reduced price Ticket: 3,50 euro)
- Food and beverages
- Hotel pick-up
- Recommended age: 6 years and up
- No refund will be accepted for no shows or late comers
- The tour will be provided rain or shine, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided.