Why you should go
Thanks to its unparalleled beauty, Venice has always been a dreamlike backdrop for international cinematographers, who celebrated the city’s charm around the year by making movies of various genres and with different depths, between popular venues and a romantic decadence as featured by psychodramas…
For the seventh art lovers but not only, discovering Venice through its movie settings can turn out to be an exciting, yet lengthy adventure through countless sites…For this reason, our tour will only include the most popular scenes, which inspired eminent film directors in Dorsoduro neighbourhood.
Dorsoduro means ‘hard backbone’ and describes the nature of the subsoil on which the neighbourhood has been built up. Dorsoduro hosts churches, palaces, and museums and consists of many waterways and small islands, thus providing a variety of wonderful film settings, such as Summertime (1955), Viaggi di Nozze (Honeymoons) by Carlo Verdone; Everyone Says I love you, by Woody Allen (1996); tIndiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989).
- Dorsoduro neighbourhood through cinema
- Revisit international film settings
- Explore Venice as portrayed by filmmakers
- Qualified guide
- Food and beverage
- Hotels pickup/drop off
- Comfortable shoes and clothes are advised
- No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals.
- The tour will take place rain or shine, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided.
- Private tour
- Wheelchairs not accessible