Why you should go
During your guided visit you will discover an ancient Venetian weaving mill, whose foundation dates back to the end of the 19th century.
Inside the building, you will find original 18th century looms that give proof of the great tradition behind the products. The velvets and brocades of the Venetian weaving mill are famous all over the world as they are required for the furnishing of important palaces and for collaborations with fashion houses as well as for expositions and exhibitions.
It’s a unique chance to see weavers and looms at work, while they produce the refined soprarizzo velvet, and to touch with your own hands a fabric made following ancient techniques.
- Visit an ancient Venetian weaving mill
- See extraordinary Venetian ancient and modern textiles
- Discover an ancient venetian art
- An unique chance to see weavers and looms at work
- Scenographic showroom created in 1928 open on the Grand Canal
- Guided visit to an ancient Venetian weaving mill
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Food and beverages
- No refund will be provided for latecomers or no shows.
- Should it be raining the tour will still take place.
- Travellers are kinly requested to plan in advance thier journey in order to get to the meeting point on time.
- Please be aware that starting from April 25th and on certain dates, registration and payment of an access contribution will be necessary to visit the city of Venice. We encourage you to check all the information and procedures for registration or payment on the dedicated website of Comune di Venezia.