Why you should go
An unforgettable tour to discover Venice through its narrow alleys called “calli”, countless bridges and wide traditional and picturesque squares, still the heart of Venetian people's social life.
Let our professional guide take you into an unforgettable journey among Venice's beauties and history.
Discover the famous sites as well as hidden gems mixed with interesting facts about the city of the Serenissima and its everlasting history.
This year - 2021 - marks the 1600th anniversary of the foundation of Venice. In order to celebrate this important milestone, we have decided to kick start our walking tour
telling you more about Venice's birthday.
The first highlight of the walking tour is St. Mark’s square, with the description of the majestic St. Mark’s Basilica, the elegant Doge’s Palace, the Clock Tower and the Procuratie.
From St. Mark’s square we will move forward to Campo Santa Maria Formosa, where we will admire the SS. Giovanni e Paolo church with the famous Pantheon. Follow the Scuola Grande di San Marco also knowns as “Great School of Charity” (the Captains of Fortune). Last but not least, head back to St. Mark’s and admire the Malibran Theatre, step through the famous Mercerie, once the pulsing heart of commercial life back in time, nowadays Venice’s main shopping district between Rialto Bridge and St Mark’s Square.
Please note that this tour does not include entrance to main sites such as the Doge's Palace or the Basilica. It is a walking tour which will completely take place outside (only external comments of the various sites will be provided).
- Explore St Mark's Square area, its more famous sites as well as hidden gems
- Interesting facts about Venice's history and present
- Characteristic "campo", Venice's little and picturesque squares
- A glimpse into ordinary life of Venetian people
- The true beauty of Venice and its peaceful canals
- Professional tour guide
- Personal headsets to hear the guide better
- Hotel Pick-up/ drop off
- Entrance to sites (only external explainations)
- Food and beverage
- This tour does not include entrance to main sites and it will completely take place outside (only external comments of the various sites will be provided).
- Comfortable shoes and clothes are advised
- Please note that no refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals. The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided.
- Please note that the tour might be multilingual in Winter season (depending on the number of participants).